5-minutes installation guide
Ubooquity can be deployed in a few minutes on any desktop computer (Windows, Linux or MacOS).
As Ubooquity does not modify any file outside of its own directory, you can easily try it out this way before installing it elsewhere.
NB: to run Ubooquity using the command line, on a NAS for instance, read the User Manual
Ubooquity server requires Java 8. You can download it here.
- First, download the Ubooquity package from the download page.
- Unzip the downloaded file in a dedicated folder of your choice (the folder must be empty, Ubooquity will create here all the files it needs to function).
- Double-clic on the Ubooquity.jar file.
Ubooquity is now running and displays its desktop interface:
The only remaining thing to do is to choose which folders you want to share.
- Click on the Admin screen button. The administration page will open in your browser, asking you to choose an adminstrator password.
- Once you’ve chosen one (and entered it gain to log into the administration zone), click on either the Comics or Books section, depending on what you want to share.
- Just click on the Add folder button, share a folder and you’re almost done.
- Don’t forget to click on the Save and restart button (upper right corner).
You’re all set!
Go back to the dekstop interface and click on the Library button to access your books.
The User Manual contains much more information about what you can do with Ubooquity.
In case you prefer to learn as you go, here are a few useful tips to get you started:
- As long as Ubooquity is not running, you can move its folder anywhere you want on your device. Ubooquity has all it needs in its own folder.
- By default, the admin page cannot be reached from another machine. You must activate the “Allow remote administration” option (either in the dektop interface or using command line options) to do that.
- To access Ubooquity from another device (from your local network or from the Internet), don’t forget to properly configure your firewall and/or router.
- If you ever need to reset your administrotor password, just delete the webadmin.cred file in the Ubooquity folder.